Our pets need the expertise of a veterinarian. People often turn to pet health insurance to find financial support to keep pets healthy. Pet health insurance frequently allows you to pay your veterinary bills so you’ll never have to choose between your pet’s health and your personal finances. Unlike human medical insurance, we (as providers) do not have a specific relationship with any of the insurance companies. We do have a few links below to insurance companies that we have received feedback about from our clients. This is a small sample of some the insurances available. We have included some helpful tips as well when looking for a policy.
Some things to consider when choosing a plan:
- do they allow you to choose your own veterinarian?
- do they offer after hours emergency care?
- does the insurance company let you go to a specialist?
- do they offer a multiple pet discount?
- do they cover your actual vet bill or the average cost in the area your vet is located in?
- what are your pet's healthcare needs? Preventative vs. illness (or both)?
There are many other insurance companies out there; these are just a few.